999 Robert-Bourassa Boulevard
- Develop a better understanding of SAF research, certification, and deployment,
- Learn about the latest policies and initiatives related to SAF,
- Participate in the Stocktaking process toward the 2050 ICAO Vision,
- Build partnerships with stakeholders from throughout the industry, and
- Communicate interest in taking part in potential future SAF feasibility studies.
Who will attend?
- Policy and decision makers from ICAO Member States,
- Technical experts and researchers from the entire fuel supply chain,
- Airlines, airports, fuel producers, manufacturers, environmental groups, energy companies, financial groups, aviation marketing agents, and other organizations that are involved, or are interested in becoming involved in SAF,
- Additional interested parties and individuals.
In preparation for the event, States and Organizations are invited to return a completed questionnaire to ICAO by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 April 2019. Please also contact email@example.com with any questions.
The second ICAO Conference on Aviation and Alternative Fuels (CAAF/2), held in Mexico City, Mexico from 11-13 October 2017 endorsed the 2050 ICAO Vision for Sustainable Aviation Fuels as a living inspirational path and called on States, industry and other stakeholders to substitute a significant proportion of conventional aviation fuels with sustainable aviation fuels (SAF) by 2050. The Conference noted that this path would be based on the assumptions of a progressive increased use of SAF, and should be periodically reviewed through a stocktaking process to continuously assess progress on sustainable aviation fuel development and deployment.